Critical illness insurance helps protect you against the financial consequences of a critical illness such as cancer, heart attack or stroke.
- Receive a benefit on the first diagnosis of cancer, heart disease or infectious disease
- Buy critical illness insurance over the phone—without a medical exam
- Get affordable coverage starting at $7.95/month for adults
- Get a full premium refund in the event of death
How it works
On the first diagnosis of a covered critical illness, Insurance provides a tax-free lump-sum benefit.
- $25,000 for insureds 54 or younger
- $12,500 for insureds between the ages of 55 and 74
- 50% of the benefit in the event of an infectious disease
Infectious disease coverage covers you in the event of the following: Bacterial meningitis, Lyme disease, flesh-eating disease, E. coli infection (hamburger disease) and West Nile virus.
- Family discount. When you insure multiple family members under the same policy, you’ll save on the premiums for each additional person.
- Premium refunds. If an insured dies while the policy is in force, all of the premiums paid will be refunded.
Unlimited free access to the assistance services.
- Psychological Assistance. A confidential service offered by psychologists who listen and provide support to help you get through tough times.
- Convalescence Assistance – case management. A telephone service that can refer you to local home care resources to help with recovery.
Choose from a wide range of short- and long-term coverage options—we’ve got something for every budget. No matter what benefit amount you choose, it will make a difference when you’re diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Cover the extra expenses that can come with a critical illness
- Focus on getting better while meeting your financial obligations
- Pay for treatment that isn’t covered under your provincial plan
- Take time off work if you need to care for a critically ill child
- Keep your business running smoothly if you aren’t able to work
How it works
You’re covered for up to 25 illnesses and surgical procedures and get a tax-free lump-sum benefit no matter what happens.
When you’re diagnosed with a covered critical illness, you’ll receive the benefit you’ve chosen (from $25,000 to $2,000,000) to use as you see fit.
- In the event of premature death, your beneficiary will receive the higher of:
- 100% of the premiums paid
- 25% of the benefit
- If you remain healthy until your coverage ends, you’ll get all of your premiums back
What we offer
- Business owners: Coverage for partners and tax breaks (25 illnesses)
- Children: The start of a solid financial plan (26 illnesses + 6 childhood diseases)
- Everyone: Coverage options that range from comprehensive (25 illnesses) to very affordable (10 illnesses)
- Cover your children and make sure they’ll be able to get life insurance when they grow up regardless of their health
- Protect yourself and your children in case of fracture
- Benefit from a premium holiday in the event of disability
- And much more!
Free assistance services
- If you’re worried about your health or that of a loved one, just pick up the phone to get answers from a healthcare professional, like a nurse or psychologist
- If you’re diagnosed with a critical illness, the world’s best medical minds will review your case and give you a second opinion
For Business Owners
An executive health savings plan (EHSP) is an innovative financial strategy that allows business owners like to take out critical illness insurance with your company. You and your business share the insurance costs, but you also share the benefits.
The EHSP pays a tax-free benefit when the first of the following occurs:
- If you or one of your partners suffers a critical illness or dies prematurely:
- Your company will receive a benefit
- If you remain healthy until your coverage ends:
- You’ll get back all the premiums you and your company have paid.
How to buy this policy
Make an appointment with us today. We’ll assess your financial needs and recommend a solution best-suited to your priorities.